- All purpose Flour – 1 cup
- Baking Soda – 1 teaspoon
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 3/4 cup
- Dates – 20 dates
- Walnuts chopped – ½ cup
- Vanilla Extract – 1 teaspoon
- Soak dates in warm milk overnight. When soft remove seeds & puree them in a grinder along with the milk. Alternately you can use dates paste available in the market.
- Add sugar and oil to the pureed dates and mix.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda and add to the date’s mixture one tablespoon at a time to avoid forming lumps. I prefer to use a hand mixer to get a smooth batter.
- Now add the vanilla essence and mix well.
- Finally fold in the chopped walnuts. Transfer to greased cake tin and bake at 350F/180 degrees Celsius for 30-40 mins or till a knife inserted come out clean.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before inverting.
- Offer to Krishna and enjoy the delicious prasadam.